Pin It

Monday, June 10, 2013

Canvas Art



I love to have little art pieces around my room (since I don't have my own place yet). I especially love the pieces when they are something I have created, it makes my room more personal, more me. I saw one say this in a store and thought, "I could make that", like I do when I see many things. But this is one I actually tried and succeed to make. It only took me four simple steps! 

what you'll need: canvas (made or bought), spray paint, and sticker letters (any size or font). 

Step 1. Apply Letters: you can place the letters any which way you would like. Write out a whole poem or just put one letter on each canvas to spell out a word, the sky is really the limit with this DIY.
Step 2. Spray First Layer of Paint                
Step 3. Double Coat: this step is optional, if you like the first layer color of the paint then you don't HAVE to do this one. I just wanted to really be able to read my words as I used a lighter color of paint.  
Step 4: Remove stickers: Once your paint has dried you can remove all your letters and TADA! your final product. 
(for extra spice you can paint your canvas a different color before starting the four step process so your letters really pop.)





Song of Solomon 2:16 is currently my favorite verse. "My beloved is mine and I am His." 

-Tori xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment