Pin It

Monday, June 17, 2013

banana + coconut + rum + lime = banana bread?!

I baked cookies the other day, and as soon as we ran out I decided I MUST have another sweet on hand for easy consumption. Enter: Coconut banana bread. I searched Pinterest (because where else would I look?) for a new banana bread recipe, and found a recipe for coconut banana bread. YUM! I then did another search to see what other coconut banana bread recipes were out there (this time using good ol' Google), and found this one. Both sound/look amazing, so I combined the two using what I had on hand. Here's what I used:

2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar 
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs 
2 cups mashed ripe banana (came out to be 4 bananas) 
1/4 cup light coconut milk
3 tablespoons dark rum 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, plus 1 tablespoon
Cooking spray
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl, set aside.

Beat together the butter and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, beat together.  Add banana, milk, rum, vanilla. Add flour mixture, beat on low. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with additional 1 tablespoon of coconut. Bake at 350° for 50-65 minutes.

Combine powdered sugar and juice and drizzle over warm bread.


No comments :

Post a Comment