Pin It

Saturday, April 21, 2012

What's better than homemade pizza dough?

The answer is nothing. You can make it as fluffy as you like it, or as crispy as you like it. Crispy is where my heart has always been.

Over the years, I (Tenisha) have been searching for the perfect pizza dough recipe. Not all pizza dough recipes are the same (much to my own surprise). And this is what I use. Not saying it is perfect, but for my Kitchen Aid, my oven, my Pampered Chef stoneware, and my taste buds ...

it is perfect, until I find something to replace it with. It can be tweaked to fit your toppings (i.e. fresh chopped cilantro, a little drizzle of honey, Italian seasoning, Oh! the possibilities). Here it is, simple in every way.
Pizza Dough Recipe

You'll need: 
Two teaspoons of olive oil
One packet of active dry yeast
One cup of water (plus more, if using wheat flour)
Two and a half cups of flour (I use a mix between wheat and unbleached/un-enriched white)
Half a teaspoon of salt
Teaspoon of any extra seasoning (in above photos I use dry sage)

Warm up water on stove or in microwave (just warm, not hot). Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add in salt, oil, and any additional seasoning(s), then half a cup at a time, add in flour while on speed two on your Kitchen Aid.


No comments :

Post a Comment