Pin It

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cards touch the heart

When did I move from purchasing cards to making cards? That is a question I do not know the answer to. I love personalized gifts. I find difficulty in registries. How do you make hangers personal? I have always at least tried to find a way. Maybe buy all the hangers from the registry then add in matching t-shirts or cheesy pajamas? There is always a way to make a gift personal. And why not start with a homemade card. I must say, the cards I have been making this year are much beyond what I was making last summer. I've stepped up my game. It is my time to relax. Making a card for a loved one really clears my mind... Therapeutic, if you will.

For me (Tenisha), sending a homemade card says a lot when living over a thousand miles away from home. And I have had every excuse in the book to send a card recently: brothers birthday, brothers girlfriends birthday, parents anniversary, graduation, mothers day X 2, brothers anniversary, sisters anniversary, another graduation. My card table has been exactly that lately, a card table.

Here are just a few recent cards. Maybe it will give you inspiration to mail off something extra special.

Buttons with a simple stamp
sewing a card adds a unique touch
same stamp, different colors.

No comments :

Post a Comment